Background: On November 6, 2018, Florida voters approved Amendment 4 to the State Constitution. The Amendment states the following:

Article VI, Section 4. Disqualifications.

  1. No person convicted of a felony, or adjudicated in this or any other state to be mentally incompetent, shall be qualified to vote or hold office until restoration of civil rights or removal of disability. Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, any disqualification from voting arising from a felony conviction shall terminate and voting rights shall be restored upon completion of all terms of sentence including parole or probation.
  2. No person convicted of murder or a felony sexual offense shall be qualified to vote until restoration of civil rights.
For people interested in restoring their voting rights and wishing to access their court records, the Leon County Clerk of Courts maintains court records of Leon County cases only.

Locating Court Records: Any judgments issued between 1996 through the current date that had an adjudication of guilt will be found by searching the Official Records. 2010 through the current date can be found at the case level by searching Amendment 4 Case Search. Anything older than 1996 may have to be requested through our VOR process.

Note: Search results for the purposes of Amendment 4 will only display the adjudcations of guilt and is NOT a complete record of the cases that Leon county will have. Selecting the Amendment 4 Case Search will provide access to a listing of the court records as well as displaying any court costs and fines assessed and paid. You can also select documents for view.

Notes on Court Records Requests: For records/images not available online, every effort will be made by the Leon County Clerk of Courts to make the requested document(s) available within 7 to 10 business days from the request date. Please note this may take longer for larger documents, or documents containing higher amounts of confidential data. Please note, the Clerk cannot provide legal advice or tell you if you are eligible for restoration of your voting rights.

For court costs and fines in cases with a sentencing date earlier than January 1, 1998, one will need to contact the Florida Department of Corrections for any balances owed, including any court ordered restitution.

Cases in Other Counties: The Clerk maintains court records for Leon County. For cases in other counties, one will need to contact the clerk's office in those counties. Links to other Clerks' offices are on the Leon County Clerk's website at the Useful Links tab.

Contact Us: For additional information on court records, one can visit the Clerk's Help Center at 301 South Monroe Street, #100, Tallahassee, FL 32301, or by calling (850) 606-4070. For questions regarding court costs and fines, please call (850) 606-4001.