The Leon County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptrollerís Office provides several ways for you to pay your traffic citation:
- Online, below by clicking Continue. Before continuing, please read the payment instructions below.
- In person at the following locations:
- 1276 Metropolitan Blvd., Suite 101, Tallahassee, Florida
- Leon County Courthouse, 301 S. Monroe Street, Suite 100, Tallahassee, Florida
- By mail to: Leon County Clerk & Comptroller, ATTN: Traffic Payments, 1276 Metropolitan Boulevard, #101, Tallahassee, FL 32312.
Note: Payment must be received by our office within 30 days of your offense date to be considered timely.
- By phone: 850-606-4100
for our current hours of operation.
for contact phone numbers.
for answers to Frequently Asked Questions about traffic citations or other court issues.
Payment Information and Instructions:
You may pay online if:
- You are paying in full a civil traffic citation issued within the last 30 days.
- You are paying a civil traffic citation that does not require the presentation of physical documentation, as required by vehicle registration, insurance, defective equipment, and driver license violations.
- You hold an out-of-state DL and you wish to elect driving school, and you verify that the issuing state will accept a Florida school election and withhold points for completing the school. Failure to complete the driver improvement school will result in an $18 failed school assessment and additional late fees of up to $41.00.
- You may not elect to attend driver improvement school if you hold a commercial driver license.
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle's website now provides information to customers regarding their eligibility to
elect driver school instead of points. The information will include a statement indicating if the customer is eligible or not to elect driver school.
It also provides the date of the last election and the number of times the customer has elected in their lifetime, with a link to the Driving Courses page
on our website.
Click here to see if you are eligible to take the driver improvement course.
Click here for the school election affidavit.
If you submitted your school completion to this office prior to payment, you must contact our office at (850) 606-4100 as soon as you complete
You may not pay online if:
- More than 30 days have passed since you received your citation.
- Your case has been sent to one of our collection firms.
- You received a citation for one of the following offenses; then you are required to appear in court:
- Load not secured - FS 316.520(1) or 316.520(2)
- Passing stopped school bus on enter/exit side - FS 316.172(1)(b)
- Any citation that resulted in a fatality or serious bodily injury
- Child unattended - FS 316.6135
- Speeding in excess of 30 mph - FS 316.183, 316.187 or 316.189
- You requested and received a "Withhold of Adjudication", either through court or by submitting a written motion. Paying online after a withhold will result in points being assessed on your license.
- You received a civil infraction in conjunction with a criminal offense. Please contact our office for more information.
If you did not pay your citation within 30 days after it was issued, your driver's license will be suspended. Further, 90 days after your citation was issued, your case will be sent to a collections firm for collection pursuant to FS 28.246(6).
For last names starting with A-K, you must contact the firm below directly for payment information and instructions:
Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson LLP
P.O. Box 56107
Jacksonville, FL 32241
For last names starting with L-Z, you must contact the firm below directly for payment information and instructions:
PO Box 988
Harrisburg, PA 17108
If you have any questions, you may contact us directly at 1-850-606-4100.
To pay your citation online, you will need:
- The name or citation number listed on the traffic citation
- A credit card (Mastercard,Visa or American Express)
- Access to a printer if you want to print a receipt
To pay by credit card, whether online, by phone, or in person, you must pay the following convenience fee:
|CUSTOMER PAYMENT AMOUNT||CONVENIENCE FEE PER PAYMENT
Whether you pay online or come into our office and present a credit card for payment, you should be prepared to pay this fee.
Please allow time for processing. The online database will be updated once the transaction provider sends us the transaction. Before you leave the site, you will be notified
that the credit card transaction has been processed.
For purposes of security and validation, information about searches conducted through the internet will be logged.
- Cookies will be used, and saved locally to your machine, for the interim of the transaction.
- The cookie will expire and be deleted once the transaction is complete. The cookie is for your protection; if the process aborts before
completion, we will use the cookie to reconstruct the transaction.
If you are unable to locate your citation information on our website, please check the site again in a couple of days. Sometimes, there is a delay in the transmission of citations
to this office.
If you would like additional information about other forms of payment, where you can pay in person, where you can locate traffic forms, etc., please click
If you have other questions, please contact the Traffic Division of the Leon County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller's Office, at 850-606-4100.